Pranks to Play in the Office Elevator
Corporate life can get boring! You wake up in the morning, just to do the same routine, put on the same boring clothes, get in your typical sedan, enter your corporate office building and do the same job you’ve been doing for years. At the end of the day, relieved to go home, you enjoy a few hours of peace, then go to bed and do the whole thing over again the next day. Maybe you are looking for a way to keep things interesting, spice things up, get a few laughs over the course of the day. Offices can provide interesting environments for pranks, depending on the specific dynamics of any particular office. If you are looking for pranks to play, why not start in the office elevator, that funny little vestibule that forces people to spend awkward, long silences in an enclosed space.
Here are some pranks to play in the elevator in your office building.
- When the other people have their backs to you, make a strange noise. When they turn around, stop making it. But as soon as their backs are facing you again, keep going.
- Greet people when they enter the elevator and introduce yourself with a handshake and by saying, “Howdy, you might say I’m the captain of this ship.”
- Every time somebody presses a button make a noise like an explosion. KA-BOOM!
- Let out a little meow here and there from the corner of your mouth.
- Open your bag or briefcase, peer in, and say “Shh! they can hear you!”
- OR open your bag or briefcase and ask, “You got enough air?”
- Every time the elevator hits a floor, announce it with a loud “Ding!”
- Let a pen slip from your hand, but don’t reach for it. When someone bends over to help you, shout at him in accusing voice, “That’s mine!”
- Look at the buttons inquiringly and say, “Hey, what are these for?” Then proceed to press every last one of them.
- When everyone is standing around silently and the elevator is full, shout out “Hey! Whose beeper is that?”
- If it is just you and one other person in the elevator, wait until that person is not looking at you and tap him/her on the shoulder. When he/she turns around pretend it wasn’t you.
- Stand yourself in the corner and stare at the wall until it’s your stop. Add in a few weird noises for extra effect.
- Before you land at a floor, pretend you are trying to pull apart the doors yourself. Then when the elevator opens them while you’re still pretending say, “Phew, that was a tough one.” Then walk out while everyone wonders what just happened.
- Tell your fellow passenger, “You’ve got up doc written all over your face today.” When he responds, “What’s up doc?” respond by asking “When did you become Bugs Bunny?”
- Pull out your cell phone and pretend to be on the phone. Start discussing something personal and gross, like an update on the giant hairy mole on your back.
These are just a few of the ways you can pull a joke or two on your coworkers. But use the proper precautions! Not everyone can take a joke.
About the Author: Richard Tucker has been writing about corporate life and business solutions for nearly a decade. When he’s not writing, you can find Rich working as a mechanical engineer for an elevator parts supplier. He also has a healthy sense of irony.